WELCOME

Blog Stats

Locations of visitors to this page

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Rain

Been listening to songs from Guru for sometime now. Listening to Barso Re from Guru in a loop the last few days. Should be more than a week. Sometimes I get hooked up to a particular song and keep listening to it like no other song exists in this world.

Barso Re makes me go back in time to the rain songs of Raja. To the late 80’s and early 90’s. To getting wet in the rain during college days when granma was around. To coming home drenched to a hot cup of coffee or bournvita. To the hot onion pakodas and bajjis made by granma. To the smell of all these welcoming you when you come home. To the hot water waiting for me to wash myself after that eventful ride in PTC. To Granny waiting with all these eagerly for me.

It rained hard during the weekend here in Dallas. I did get wet on Friday. Me and R had Mexican food at our favorite place straight from work. Went home wet. Took a hot shower. Missed the smell of coffee or choclate. Missed the presence of elders in the house. So many things change with age, time, and place.

It was cold winter rain. Not the cool rain of the monsoon. I sometimes miss that. More so when I listen to songs like these.


ps. Yet to see Guru.

4 comments:

priti said...

Hi there came across your blog...i completely agree with you...I've been doing that myself for the past week....I actually googled for ninnai charanadaindhen lyrics and came to your blog...your translation was pretty good :)

Vidya said...

Thanks Priti!

Raghu said...

Hi, Came across your blog for the same reason as above.. looking for Bharadhi's work. And I am impressed with your work in the translation. Great work. And in due process went through your blogs. Good ones. Keep posting.

p.s.: I would prefer not to read some of yours... too nostalgic.. puts me in a dilemma you see(engineers prefer stuff in 1's and 0's)

Vidya said...

Thanks Raghuvardhan! In all good humour, there goes another engineer, contradicting himself :D

Copyright information

All content contained in this site is copyrighted, © 2011 Vidya, and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior written consent. To request said consent, please leave a comment on that particular post.

Quote

Happiness is a state of mind. It's not dictated by outward circumstances -- really. Learning to see a situation as it is, not as you hoped or feared it would be, is one of the keys to being content. -- Unknown
Powered By Blogger