WELCOME

Blog Stats

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, September 15, 2006

Manasil Mithuna Mazhai Pozhiyum Azhagil oru Mayilin Alasalaasyam... (VHS)

I saw this Malayalam movie called Nandhanam. If I am right, it was the first movie of Navya Nair. And for a first movie that girl is just too good. And the cast includes Prithviraj, Revathy, Kaaviyoor Ponnama as P’s Gramms, Innocent, Jagathi and many others whom I don’t know.

Okay, I need tell this before I proceed further. I am not that fluent in Malayalam with Tamil being my mother tongue and if I end up speaking Malayalam a native of the language is going to have a tough time. But then, I can surely survive with my knowledge in any remote village of Kerala. But I sure enjoy a good Malayalam movie more than a regular Tamil movie. So much for a language.

Let me get back to Nandhanam. Its an awesome movie. I don’t know if everyone would feel that way. Its just another romance where a poor servant girl falls in love with the master of the house and the usual problems that go with it where the relatives are against it and make them feel miserable. But the beauty of this movie is the girl by herself. She is a very simple girl, with simple expectations in life and is not angry at the people who are trying to spoil it for her, is so genuine in the way she gets things around the house for the old woman (KP) and in general it’s the girl who makes you get involved in the movie. And of course the script. Being an ardent devotee of Guruvayoorappan, she is for ever taking to him as her friend. Comes to his picture when she is happy to share a few words and again to cry to him when she is upset about something. And those conversations just stay with you long after the movie is over and is just classic. So much so, the lord himself is not able to just not be without hearing her and comes down for her as her next door Unni Ettan and gets her married to her sweetheart.

The movie lingers in your mind long after you have seen it. Makes you feel that God is right there hearing you all the time and there for you no matter what and if there is a time which you find difficult to cross he is going to come next to you in some form. Its just that you do not know. I can just go on and on and on… Dunno why some movies have this feeling of making so silent about it after watching it and you just feel like you have had a look into something so so special. Like it was a message just for you!

And there is a song where she is confused as who this next door guy is … Manasil Mithuna Mazhai … my favorite from the time I have seen the movie and a couple more where she sings on lord Krishna ... Karmugil Varnande Chundil ... Excellent Excellent Excellent. I had to iterate it that many times. Couldn’t help it. I have been listening to that song the last few days repetitively and just had to write about it. How I wish I can understand those songs better!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very true Vidya... I felt just the same after watching the movie.

Hmmm... I wonder if we feel the same way because like you, I am also a naive Sagi ;)

Vidya said...

Guess you are right. There was something about this movie that made me quiet for a long time after seeing it. Thanks for your visit and comment.

The Visitor said...

Hi Vidya - The purpose of my existence in the blogworld is to create bridges, wherever I see possibilities. If I've been useful my day is made.

PS: Too many big words upthere ;) LOL

Copyright information

All content contained in this site is copyrighted, © 2011 Vidya, and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior written consent. To request said consent, please leave a comment on that particular post.

Quote

Happiness is a state of mind. It's not dictated by outward circumstances -- really. Learning to see a situation as it is, not as you hoped or feared it would be, is one of the keys to being content. -- Unknown
Powered By Blogger