WELCOME

Blog Stats

Locations of visitors to this page

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What was the last straw on this Donkey?

I had been wanting to write something to keep up with the way my brain works (assuming I have one and that it works). For most of the times, I end up forgetting everything. I guess I can even forget my name if I am not called by my name for a week.

The other day, I left my coolers somewhere in the house. But where? I have searched the whole house, infact brought the whole house down – they are yet to go back up – but no sign of my glasses. My husband these days is tired of my forgetfulness. He is close to a control freak and with me around, the poor man has a tough time. He can never be sure that Vidya has done something and lay his mind at rest. I sometimes say, if my head is not attached to my body, and you need to attach it on a daily basis, I am capable of forgetting that activity and still function around wondering why I am not doing a good job at something that I generally am used to.

So its checking if the door is locked twice before leaving out the house if we leave together, and twice again before going to bed and checking the stove if its off when he crosses the kitchen, for I was close to set the house on fire (that would be a post by itself) once. These are just some examples. One such thing was to blog. I had been wanting to do it for more than 5 years now. Procrastination, that’s another thing that I am famous for (I can write more than one post on that). I have so much of stuff to do, that my to-do list has close to 20 plus things on it and some of them have been there for more than 6 months. But nothing can beat this one. This has been there for more than 5 years. :-)

Sometime back, a common friend of ours had been reading Dubukku’s blogspot and sent me this link. http://dubukku.blogspot.com/2005/10/blog-post_04.html
and asked me read on Aravindswami saying that she was laughing reading that. That was the last straw on this donkey’s back. He inspired me like anything. I was reading through his blogs the whole day.

The very next day, happened to be my parents 37 anniversary and the first one without my mom. I was in a funny way too upset about it and my husband the great communicator that he is was upset about something else – would not open his mouth about that.. and both of us were trying to pick up on some silly stuff at each other. That made me burst out to (had to somewhere... right?) create the site and blog my first entry on the 14th of September as a tribute to my Mom.

Thanks to
Dubukku, Dheekshanya, Ambi, Vidya – my namesake, Anjana Menon, Shoba, Rajeev, Driftglass, Kanjisheik, and all the others who were inspirational in making me start this.

A full list should be available some time soon – planning to tag those pages in mine. :-)

No comments:

Copyright information

All content contained in this site is copyrighted, © 2011 Vidya, and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior written consent. To request said consent, please leave a comment on that particular post.

Quote

Happiness is a state of mind. It's not dictated by outward circumstances -- really. Learning to see a situation as it is, not as you hoped or feared it would be, is one of the keys to being content. -- Unknown
Powered By Blogger