WELCOME

Blog Stats

Locations of visitors to this page

Friday, December 08, 2006

TGIF!!!

Dunno what has gotten into me. This was one horrible week I had. I cannot say that I am neither the kind that gets blues on Monday morning nor the one that gets excited that its Thursday today. For I do do that occasionally. But this week was totally different. Right from last Saturday or was it a hangover of the last week, I just do not remember.

I was lazy to get out of my bed all the five days. (nothing new, but then, at least one day of the week I usually feel happy to get out of the bed—guess it’s the cold weather, where you just want to be in the bed after awakening and when you do not get that… you just yearn for more).

Hasn’t been that greatly a productive week at work either. Tried tying up all loose ends and as a result my status report has no progress, its like I was stuck at last week. I hate that with a deadline coming up and things not getting done yet both from my end and from the other end. But anyways, eventually we (as in me and my manager) postponed our deadlines. (Hurrah! That calls in for a celebration. Woo Hoo)

This week has been one of my coldest winters in the US so far … (again not that I have lived some 10 winters here.. this technically is my 3 winter, but actually its my second winter for last year I was in India between November and February. Also, I would say this is my first for this is the first winter I get out of the house on a daily basis when the day is actually cold as in, in the mornings). I hate it when the wind blows like the way it does—I mean the wind chill. Inside my gloves and jacket, my fingers go numb.

I have started reading Ponniyin Selvan and going to work means, I need to wait till I get time in the evening to read and even then, its some pages that I get to read for I gotta get things around the house and get dinner done, (don’t forget we ate thrice out this week) and of course got to get lunch done for I am one finicky woman who has to take her lunch with her.

And have I identified what it is that makes me hate this week so much and rejoice that its Friday today. Nope. Not a clue. But am right now so thrilled, excited, overjoyed, delighted, animated, elated, so pleased with myself, so pleased with everyone around me, I can actually keep smiling now for next couple of hours. And all this for what?

Thank God it’s Friday! I can sleep all I want for the next two days! And read all the time my favorite PS. WOW, isn’t life beautiful?

1 comment:

Known Stranger said...

hi

i havent got something that i feel good about- may be when i am in madurai next time would buy. Manimegallai press has these to my knowledge.

will let u know if i find the right one.

Copyright information

All content contained in this site is copyrighted, © 2011 Vidya, and may not be distributed, modified, reproduced in whole or in part without prior written consent. To request said consent, please leave a comment on that particular post.

Quote

Happiness is a state of mind. It's not dictated by outward circumstances -- really. Learning to see a situation as it is, not as you hoped or feared it would be, is one of the keys to being content. -- Unknown
Powered By Blogger